Councillor Ana BailÃ£o and City Planning are conducting a local area study along the rail corridor in Ward 18. The study will focus on the following.
- The transportation network including pedestrian and bicycle routes and connections to the West Toronto Rail Path.
- An inventory of existing parks and open spaces, those needing upgrading and possible locations for new parks.
- The existing and needed community facilities.
- The identification of important heritage buildings
- Identifying incentives to encourage employment uses.
- A review of the school sites.
The study will not be looking at land use in the study area as this is being reviewed as part of the Municipal Comprehensive Review that the city is currently undertaking of all the Employment Lands in the City.
Monday June 6, 2011 – Church of Firstborn Apostolic, 72 Perth Avenue
Monday June 13, 2011 – Alexander Muir School(Auditorium), 108 Gladstone Avenue
Monday July 18th, 2011 – Meet at the corner of Symington and Bloor
Tuesday July 19th, 2011 – Meet at the corner of Queen and Gladstone
All Meetings and Walks start at 6:30 p.m.
Click here for more information and contact: Ward 18 Study Notice