Earlier this year, like many other events, the Canadian National Exhibition made the historic decision to cancel its iconic fair for only the second occasion in its 142-year history.
Although the CNE gates won’t be opening this summer, the CNE is continuing the tradition of bringing fun to Torontonians beginning August 21 to September 7 with a Virtual CNE offering some of its favourite shows, experiences, recipes, and memories online at its exciting new CNE At Home portal, which can be accessed through the CNE website at www.theex.com .
Indulge in all the quintessential CNE experiences from home with:
- CNE (new music) Jam sessions online featuring Toronto bands and artists
- Gaming Garage Tournaments
- Rising Star Youth Competition with online voting
- “How To” tutorials to learn how to busker and make some favourite dishes from the CNE such as 99 Cent Spaghetti and Rainbow Grilled Cheese
- Virtual rides, ghost walks, and retrospective specials including a look back at the history of the CNE Grandstand (& Bandshell), best Of the Aerial Acrobatic & Ice Skating Shows, President’s Choice SuperDogs, and much more!
- Special online events include:
- The opening day virtual CNE kick off event with a President’s Choice SuperDogs show took place on Friday and can be viewed here.
- a commemoration off 99 years of the Annual Warriors’ Day Parade with a look back at its history, found here.
- and coming soon, a virtual edition of the Canadian International Air Show from September 5th to 7th, found here.
- CNE Foundation Virtual 50/50 Raffle
The Virtual CNE 50/50 raffle provides the public with the chance to win while making a difference in the community. Virtual CNE 50/50 raffle tickets are available at CNEF5050.com through Labour Day, Monday, September 7. Proceeds from the raffle will support CNE Foundation programs, including community grants, community and youth programs, and scholarships.
For more information about the CNE At Home programming check all 18-days of online events and experiences, go to www.theex.com .