A process to identify the Round 4 Neighbourhood Grant applications that will be recommended for funding will take place on Wednesday, January 30th 5:30 to 6:30 PM at Parkdale Adult Recreation Centre (PARC) (1499 Queen St. W, 2nd Floor). There are 4 applications that were received and screened eligible for the Parkdale neighbourhood.
Of the 4 applications screened eligible the total amount is $5925. A total of $5,000 is available to the neighbourhood. Attached are summaries of the 4 applicants, please review.
The recommendation process being proposed is as follows:
- The goal would be to recommend applications deemed eligible if members agree that the proposed activities meet the criteria outlined below
- At least one group member from each group must attend the meeting to present their proposal. If no group member is in attendance, their application will not be considered for funding
- Decision making by majority and among residents only; Group members of applications cannot participate in any vote related to their application
- Each group will have 5-10 minutes to present their proposed project: project description, who the event targets, how event aligns with South Parkdale TSNS priorities, amount of funds requested and how funds will be used
- Group members will then be asked to answer the following questions: (10 min per group):
o Will the target group be interested in the activity/event?
o Does the activity/event bring together a diverse group of people from the neighbourhood?
o Does the activity/event align with one of the priorities of the TSNS 2020 Theme Area (i.e., healthy lives, social development, economic opportunities, participation in civic decision making, physical surroundings)?
o Does the group have a good plan for the activity/event that they will be able to execute?
o Is the budget clear? Does it make sense for the activity/event?
- If members are satisfied with the responses, a decision can be taken by residents (without conflict of interest) as to whether each application should be recommended.
- A scoring tool will be used to assess each application based on questions above. A decision will be taken among residents (without conflict of interest) based on the results of the scoring tool as to which applications received should be recommended for funding.
If you have any suggestions or concerns re: the process that is being proposed, please Contact Rebecca Bassey by January 23rd , 2018 at Rebecca.Bassey@toronto.ca .