Last week Toronto Fire Chief William Stewart along with teams of fire inspectors – in uniform and carrying proper identification – took to the streets in the city’s west end Tuesday to begin a smoke and carbon monoxide alarm inspection program.
The inspection began at
As a response to the many residential fire fatalities in
– there are working smoke alarms on every level of the home and outside sleeping areas
– there is at least one carbon monoxide alarm installed in every home equipped with fuel burning appliances
– homeowners are provided with the necessary information to help keep their homes and families safe by having and practicing a home escape plan.
Project Zero is supported by Enbridge Gas Distribution, which has donated $20,000 toward the purchase of 550 combination carbon monoxide/smoke alarms
Please take a moment to make sure that the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in your home are properly maintained.