A report will be presented at the Infrastructure and Environment Committee pertaining to the road reconstruction work that will be taking place at the King – Queen – The Queensway – Roncesvalles intersection in 2021:
This is the result of many years of work by the community.
King – Queen- The Queensway- Roncesvalles Reconstruction: Sewer, Watermain, TTC Streetcar Track Replacement and Intersection Improvements starting in 2021
This is a joint project by the TTC, Toronto’s Transportation Services and Water Division.
Overall Scope of work
· As part of the state of good repair work, the aging sewer and track around the intersection needs to be replaced
· Relocating the eastbound centre platform streetcar stop to the far side of the intersection
· Realigning the King Street West leg to create a better intersection angle and increase green space
· Modifying / constructing street car platforms at Glendale Avenue
· Continue the bump-out treatment on Roncesvalles at this intersection
As part of the Sunnyside Community Association area traffic study that was completed in 2008, the city will also be:
· Modifying the signal at Glendale Avenue and Queensway
· Adding dedicated eastbound – left – turn lanes at Sunnyside Avenue, Glendale Avenue, and The Queensway
· Signalizing intersection at Sunnyside and The Queensway
· Modifying the streetcar track vertical alignment (slope at Claude Avenue that will visually and physically enhance the existing right-in / right-out at Claude Avenue)
We will be sure to provide information related to the time and stages of work as we approach get closer to the 2021 construction period.