Keeping Ward 14 Green!
- Reduce cooling and heating costs.
- Filter air pollution
- Generate oxygen, absorbs harmful pollutants
- Cool streets and provide shade in summer and protect us from winds in the winter
- Reduces storm water run-off and the cost of water treatment
- Provide habitat for birds and other fauna
Help Keep our Urban forest growing.
1) Request a free tree. City of Toronto plants trees on city street allowances fronting residential properties free of charge To order call 311 or download the city’s brochure at www.toronto.ca/trees/pdfs
2) Plant a tree in your backyard. Toronto’s local non-profit group LEAF offer residents subsidized backyard tree planting. Information is available on-line at http://www.yourleaf.org/toronto/
3) Talk to your neighbours. Canvass your street with information on tree planting. Our office can provide you with information and applications to share with your neighbours.
For more information:
Contact Councillor Gord Perks’s Office