Come and celebrate the new rainwater harvesting system with Greenest City!
Food, Earth & Culture Festival
HOPE Garden, Masaryk Park, 220 Cowan Ave
Sunday, September 28th
12 noon – 5pm
There will be:
Food! Sample free food from our delectable Local Food CafÃ©… and enjoy an afternoon corn roast and local apples. Local Food CafÃ© opens from 12:00-1:30.
Music! Featuring accomplished performer Chris McKhool, who at 1pm will delight with his children’s music for the green-at-heart; also featuring African drummers, Tibetan folk music, storytelling and harpist, and more.
Eco-activities! Arts and crafts, free bike check-ups and garden scavenger adventures.
Fall Fun Fair! 3-legged races, bobbing for apples, hay-bale toss and more! With prizes for the fastest, strongest & silliest!
Press Conference! Join Greenest City, Organic Gardening Magazine and local dignitaries to officially open our NEW12:30 pm. rainwater harvesting system at
For more information contact: Gelek 416-922-7626.
And don’t miss out on the satisfaction of volunteering to make it a great day! Please let us know if you could help with one of these important teams:
1) Food preparation [9:30 am – 11:30 am]: 2 hours of chopping help.
2) Set-up team [9 am – 12 noon]: this team is important.
3) Dish Washing Station [11:45 – 2:00 pm]: help keep the dishwashing station stocked and moving well.
4) Corn Roast [1:30 – 4 pm]: be a fire keeper, husker and all-around corn-y king.
5) Food Servers [11:45 am – 1:30 pm]: have the pleasure of serving local organic food to guests.
6) Clean-up [4:30pm – 6:30pm]: the all-star “many hands make light work”team.
7) Runners [12- 2pm and 2-4pm]: fetch things that we need during the day.
Volunteer letters and hours will be provided. Just email us and say what team you would like to be a part of, and thank you!