Join the conversation at Metro Hall, 55 John St., Room 310 on June 27, 6 to 7:30 p.m. or participate in a survey starting June 24 to share your ideas to reduce GHG emissions and TransformTO.
Vehicles are the source of over one-third of Toronto’s greenhouse gas emissions (GHG). Switching passenger, freight and transit vehicles from gasoline and diesel to electric and other low-carbon fuels is a central part of the City’s plan to reduce GHG emissions 80 per cent by 2050. The transition to electric and other low-carbon fuels will also significantly reduce local air pollutants that affect the health of Toronto residents.
To support the transition towards electric vehicles (EV), the City is working towards a number of objectives including:
- co-develop, with key stakeholders, an Electric Mobility Strategy for Toronto
- understand and address the barriers for EV adoption
- establish a robust network of EV charging infrastructure
- improve access and affordability of electric transportation to advance social equity
- improve public health
- support local innovation and create economic opportunities
- explore how electric vehicles could enhance community resilience
More info available at https://bit.ly/2ECzs2W