Metrolinx, an agency of the Ontario Government, is conducting a six-month Transit Environmental Assessment. As part of the process, Metrolinx will be holding six Community Engagement Open Houses.
The proposed service expansion will increase rail service on the eastern boundary of the ward and impact many residents in both the West Bend I encourage you all to attend one of the meetings in our ward to find out more information. Below I have highlighted some aspects of the project and noted the consultations dates in West Bend and Parkdale. and Parkdale.
For more information, please visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
GO Rail Georgetown South Corridor Service Expansion project includes:
Adding 3 new tracks from the airport spur to Dundas Street and 4 new tracks to east of Strachan Avenue in the 25 kilometre rail corridor Malton and Union Station
- Widening of 14 bridges and eliminating all level road crossings on the CN line in the Georgetown South Corridor, including new grade separations at Strachan Avenue, Denison Road and Carlingview Drive
- A covered depressed rail corridor through Weston that maintains Church and King streets at their present grade and a pedestrian overpass at John Street
- Relocating the GO Weston Stop from John Street to Lawrence Avenue and the construction of a Weston Station to accommodate GO trains and Union-Pearson rail link trains
- Modifications to the Bloor GO/Dundas TTC station to accommodate GO and Union-Pearson rail link trains
- Consideration for the Gateway Hub proposed in the Metrolinx Regional Transportation at the proposed Eglinton Light Rail Transit crossing line for GO trains
- Designing for a potential future GO/Union-Pearson rail link station at Woodbine
GO Rail Georgetown South Corridor Service Expansion project will provide the following new services:
Two-way, all-day local service between Toronto and Georgetown, and between Toronto and Bradford
- All-day express service between Toronto and Brampton
- New peak period service between Toronto and Bolton and between Toronto and Guelph, and
- Establish a new rail link between Union Station and Pearson International Airport.
Community Engagement Open Houses
Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 11am – 8:30pm
The Lithuanian House, 1573 Bloor St. W, Toronto, ON
Monday, February 9, 2009, 11am – 8:30pm
Direct Energy Centre – Salon 110, 100 Princes’ Blvd, Toronto, ON
Other meeting dates can be found at: