Through their hard work the Parkdale Village BIA has been awarded a 2012 TD Green Streets Grant through the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation. Out of the over 70 submissions the Parkdale Village BIA was one of the 21 entries chosen!
The TD Green Streets Grant is a national program that supports innovative practices in municipal forestry. Through this program, communities across Canada are eligible to receive matching grants of up to $15,000 to support local forestry projects.
The grant encourages and supports the adoption of leading-edge practices in municipal forestry
- Innovative urban forest planning
- Single tree and forest stand innovation demonstration projects
- Policy and best management practices workshops
- Outreach and educational activities on innovative practices including arboricultural practices
- Innovative management tools to protect and maintain the urban forest
- Innovative urban design which showcases “green infrastructure”
- Innovative planting techniques
For more information on the program please see: Green Streets 2012
To learn more about the Parkdale Village BIA and their great initiatives please visit: Parkdale Village BIA