Project applications are now open for artists living in Toronto. Apply here – http://bit.ly/37LMeeG
Cold weather can cause your water pipes to freeze, resulting in no water & expensive property damage. Take steps to protect your water pipes from freezing.
- Know where to find your main water shut-off valve and how it works (in case your pipes burst).
- Insulate pipes most prone to freezing, especially near outside walls and in crawl spaces, the attic and garage. This can be done with foam pipe covers available from building supply or home improvement stores.
- Seal air leaks in your home and garage to stop cold air from getting in. Check around windows and doors, electrical wiring, dryer vents and pipes.
- Outdoor faucets are the first to freeze. Unscrew any hoses, turn off the outdoor water supply and let the taps drain.
- If your pipes are prone to freezing, there may be a problem you cannot see. Consider contacting a plumber for advice on how best to protect your home.
- Commercial water customers – protect fire lines by wrapping all lines exposed to the cold
Learn more about how to prevent or thaw frozen pipes: www.toronto.ca/frozenpipes.
The application deadline for the PollinateTO Community Grants has been extended from January 8 to January 18, 2021.
Through its PollinateTO grants program, the City funds pollinator habitat creation projects that educate and engage the community.
Up to $5,000 per project is available.
Are you interested in gardening and protecting pollinators? Would you like to:
- Create pollinator gardens or rain gardens in your neighbourhood or at your school?
- Enhance or expand existing gardens with native pollinator-friendly plants?
If you answered yes to any of the above, please apply to PollinateTO for funding to support your idea!
All resident-led groups are encouraged to apply. More information is available on the City website.
The deadline to apply is January 8, 2021.
Runnymede Station is TTC’s 50th Accessible Station! Please see the 3 page e-newsletter to see other highlights TTC updates in our wardWard 4 Councillor Perks TTC Update 2020-12