November 30, 2019, will be the last day to buy TTC tickets, tokens and passes at collector booths. You can still use them to pay your fare. Refunds will not be provided. Once you no longer have tickets, tokens and passes, you can switch to a PRESTO card.
November 25, 2019, will be the last day you can buy a GTA Weekly Pass. You’ll be able to pay your fare with the pass until December 1.
Don’t wait to get your PRESTO card. Purchase one today at Fare Vending Machines at all subway station entrances, all Shoppers Drug Mart locations, online at prestocard.ca and at the TTC Customer Service Centre.
PRESTO cards work on the TTC and other transit agencies across the GTA. Learn more
We are having a Christmas Market event at Swansea Town Hall (95 Lavinia Ave) on Saturday November 30, 2019 for local vendor and artisans to showcase their work. Come out between 10am to 3pm to join in on the festivities!
Bring your family and join the Friends of High Park Zoo on Sunday December 1st between 12:30pm-5pm for lots of fun activities at the park. There will be a scavenger hunt, live music, a visit from Santa and his reindeer, and more!
The reconstruction of the Colborne Lodge staircase at High Park will commence this Friday, November 15th. The stairs will be converted from the existing wooden staircase to a new metal staircase.
To accommodate this process, Colborne Lodge Drive will be periodically closed.
Signs will be posted throughout the park regarding the project and the road closure.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions at 416-392-7919 or email@example.com .
On November 21st, 2019 Parkdalians will gather at PARC (1499 Queen St W) from 7-9pm for an information and discussion round table about the Sidewalk Labs (Google) “smart city” plan and the needs of the community. Councillor Perks will be in attendance.GJFA Parkdale SL meeting leaflet (F)
Join Fridays for Future Toronto at Queen’s Park on November 29. The rally will start at 11:30 am and the march will commence at noon. Bring your instruments, pots, pans and noisemakers!Climate-Strike-Poster
30 Lambton becomes 30 High Park
As part of the Junction Area Study, this route will change from 30 Lambton to 30 High Park, and connect between High Park Station and Runnymede Loop at Runnymede Road and Dundas Street West. This service will replace the existing 30 Lambton service on the High Park Avenue corridor.
Service will operate every 20 minutes at all times except the late evening, when service operates every 15 minutes.
- Northbound: from High Park Station to north on High Park Avenue, west on Dundas Street West to Runnymede Loop
- Southbound: from Runnymede Loop to east on Dundas Street West, south on High Park Avenue to east to High Park Station
Click here to find approximate first and last trip.
40 Junction becomes 40 Junction-Dundas West
As part of the Junction Area Study, the route will change from 40 Junction to 40 Junction-Dundas West, and operate from Dundas West Station to Kipling Station via Dundas Street West. This new route will replace part of the former 30 Lambton. Part of the service from Dundas West Station will turn back at Jane and St Clair in all periods of the week to provide higher frequency service in the Junction area.
Service between Dundas West Station and Jane Street will operate every 8 to 9 minutes during peak periods and every 10 to 15 minutes in off-peak periods.
Service west of Jane Street along Dundas Street West will operate every 16 to 18 minutes during the peak periods and every 20 to 30 minutes in the off-peak periods.
40A Dundas West Station-Kipling Station
- Eastbound: from Kipling Station to west on St Albans Road, north on Aukland Road, east and north on Dundas Street West through to Dunbloor Road, east on Dundas Street West, south and east on Mabelle Avenue, north on Cordova Avenue, east on Dundas Street West to Dundas West Station
- Westbound: from Dundas West Station to north and west on Dundas Street West, south on Cordova Avenue, west and north on Mabelle Avenue, west on Dundas Street West, south on Dunbloor Road, south and west on Dundas Street West, south on Kipling Avenue, west on Viking Lane, south and west on St Albans Road to Kipling Station
40B Dundas West Station-Jane
- Eastbound: from Jane Street and St Clair Avenue West to east on St Clair Avenue, south on Runnymede Road, east on Dundas Street West to Dundas West Station
- Westbound: from Dundas West Station to north and west on Dundas Street West, north on Jane Street, east on St Clair Avenue to Jane Street and St Clair Avenue West
Click here to find the approximate first and last trip.
On Saturday, November 9, at 11:30 am, join the Ontario Health Coalition to call on the Provincial Government to stop cuts to Public Health. This event will be held at Nathan Phillips Square. Learn more about this event and Ontario Health Coalition at https://www.ontariohealthcoalition.ca/
The Affordable Housing working group of Parkdale People’s Economy is hosting an event on Inclusionary Zoning (IZ). This action-oriented event will include a talk on how IZ works in other cities and a discussion on how it could be implemented in Toronto. Participants will also be supported to prepare a written or recorded message that will be presented at City Hall.
Monday, November 11, 2019
6:30PM – 8:30PM
Parkdale Activity-Recreation Centre
1499 Queen St W (second floor)
City of Toronto’s annual mechanical leaf collection program in designated areas will start on Tuesday, November 12 and end on Monday, December 9, 2019. Please see attached map below to find our if your street is part of the designated area for this program.
Click here for more information on this program.EYD mechanical leaf collection