Momo Crawl TO is back to Little Tibet, Parkdale and it’s bigger and better than ever!
This July 29th in Little Tibet (Parkdale), Students for a Free Tibet Canada is pleased to host you Toronto foodies on a steamy savoury crawl for the top momos.
More info on the event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/177398006299698/
Purchase a passport here: www.SFTCanada.org/momocrawlto
Every year, temporary traffic and parking amendments are required to improve traffic operations and pedestrian safety during the annual Canadian National Exhibition (CNE), which takes place from August 17 to September 3, 2018. These temporary changes are introduced at Toronto and East York Community Council (TEYCC). This year, TEYCC is scheduled for Wednesday, July 4th.
The changes are recommended by Transportation Staff as part of the temporary traffic and parking amendments during CNE 2018.
The complete list of yearly changes is available online at:
Temporary parking on residential front yards and boulevards in South Parkdale during the CNE remains prohibited.
Permit Parking Staff will again restrict the issuance of Visitor Parking Permits to the residential addresses located in the area bounded by Dufferin St, King St W, Jameson Ave and the lake for the entirety of the 2018 CNE. During this period, temporary parking permits will be issued- with proof of residency and guest’s licence plate number- at the City Hall counter, 100 Queen Street West. Online applications will not be permitted.
Further, the following actions will take place again this year:
• CNE to communicate in the ‘CNE Guide Book’ and in media releases that “Paid Parking on residential properties in South Parkdale is no longer permitted during The Ex”- with information on parking lots and bike rack locations;
• City Transportation to sign the boundary of the South Parkdale area (Dufferin/King, Jameson/King intersection) to communicate message to deter drivers from entering the area to look for paid parking on these residential streets;
• City Transportation to post signs on Liberty at Dufferin, as well as at the entrance of Springhurst (at Dufferin) and Temple (at Dufferin) advising that only permit parking holders can park on residential streets in south Parkdale during the CNE;
• Toronto Police, Parking Enforcement and City Bylaw enforcement staff will be asked to monitor South Parkdale for infractions during the CNE;
• Toronto Police and Parking Enforcement will be asked to, when appropriate, use foot and bike patrols in South Parkdale during the CNE to lessen the number of vehicles in the area;
• Toronto Police will be reminded of ongoing safety concern during the CNE when the one way at Springhurst from Dufferin to Tyndall, is not respected;
• CNE working with Traffic Management Centre to monitor traffic and manage traffic flows and monitor lights.
Please feel free to contact my office at any time if you have any questions or comments about this or any Ward 14 or city-related matter.
You are invited to come and learn more about the upcoming plans for the new community centre and to:
– review the project background and potential programming;
– review timelines;
– review next stepsFLYER_WabashCC_rev2