The first of the new Ward 14 Bike Share Toronto locations have been installed in Parkdale and Liberty Village. Look for more locations to be installed over the next week in Liberty Village, Parkdale & The West Bend.
Pre-Application Community Meeting: June 20, 2016
Toronto Public Library – Parkdale
Presentation from Developer 6 Noble Street Developments, click here:
Community comments/concerns with application:
- Building height and density; building should reflect the character of the neighbourhood and integrate well into the surrounding housing. Current proposal (14 storeys + mechanical penthouse) is taller than the community is comfortable with
- Overflow of parking into surrounding area
- Increased traffic in neighbourhood
- Adequate bicycle parking
- Suggestions of a possible community run bike repair facility to be included in the building
- Concerns about the price point of the units being built; the developer says it is seeking to build units that are affordable for the neighbourhood
- Pedestrian crossing safety with consideration towards the Queen/Dufferin intersection
- Capacity of TTC to deal with increased patronage
- Concern about construction length, with developer estimating 18-24 month construction period
- What are the effects going to be in the neighbourhood of three large buildings going up at once?
July 4, 2016
Sunday, July 10, 10:30am to 12:30pm
Meet us in front of the Grenadier Restaurant and we will go to The Tablelands (behind the Grenadier Restaurant near the Labyrinth) together.
Weeding and Watering:
Garlic mustard, hedge parsley, ragweed, tall sweet white clover, and more!
For your protection, please dress with long sleeves and pants, closed shoes and socks, a hat and bring water and sunscreen. We will supply tools, vests and gloves. www.highparknature.org and firstname.lastname@example.org