Please join us on Thursday December 24th from 1-4pm at Raca Café (1704 Queen West by Roncesvalles) where renowned Chef Ivana Raca will be providing a free Christmas Lunch to the community.
If you know anyone who may be less fortunate, may be spending the holidays alone or if you want to try one of Parkdale’s new top restaurants, spread help spread the word!
Toronto Hydro released a video to help you learn about emergency preparedness. The video follows the story of Sara and José as they experience a power outage in the city of Toronto, and shows why it’s important to have an emergency kit put together before there’s a power outage.
Watch the new video here: https://youtu.be/FArYcAUBU9g
More tips for putting together an emergency kit:
- Keep your emergency kit in an easy-to-access location known to all family members
- Check batteries twice a year
- Ensure that you have at least one cell phone or non-cordless telephone
- Have a list of emergency contact numbers nearby
- Don’t forget your pets! Have identification on your animals and enough pet food and water in your emergency kit for at least three days
It’s also recommended that you customize your kit to your family – aging parents, young children and pets may require more preparation.
For information during a major outage, Toronto Hydro has a website – OutageTO.com – that can be accessed from any device to get the latest news and updates.