As many of you might have seen, signage has been installed for the temporary parking changes associated with the CNE. You can find the background information on the approvals at the following links:
This year, the CNE is running between Friday, August 15 and Monday, September 1st. The temporary changes will be installed for this entire time period. There are no changes from last year’s approvals, which will entail the following work:
1. 24-hour permit parking regulations will be introduced on sections of Cowan Avenue, Dunn Avenue, Elm Grove Avenue, Fort Rouille Street, Gwynne Avenue, Melbourne Avenue, Spencer Avenue, Temple Avenue, Thorburn Avenue & Tyndall Avenue.
2. A one-way westbound operation will be introduced on Springhurst Avenue, between Dufferin Street & Tyndall Avenue (east branch).
3. A “No Standing, Anytime” regulation will be introduced on sections of Dufferin Street, Springhurst Avenue & Tyndall Avenue.
4. Westbound left-turns will be prohibited at Springhurst Avenue & Jameson Avenue between the hours of 7:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m. & 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m, Monday-Friday.
5. A “No Parking, Anytime” regulation will be introduced on Dufferin Street. This has necessitated the bagging on the parking machines.
6. A 25-space taxi-cab stand will be introduced on the west side of Dufferin Street, between Thorburn Avenue & King Street West.
I have spoken to Signs and Pavement Markings about the early installation that took place on Monday. It was my understanding that the signs were not to be installed until Thursday of this week. I have requested that all parking tickets issued as a result of these temporary parking changes be cancelled by Parking Enforcement as soon as possible and that no further enforcement of the temporary parking changes occur until Friday.
If you have a valid parking permit and you received a ticket as a result of the temporary parking changes being installed early, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, contact information and parking infraction number. I will forward all your information to Parking Enforcement Unit, copy you on the email, and request that if found to be in violation of the temporary parking changes and you have a valid parking permit, request your ticket be rescinded. I do not have the authority to rescind parking tickets.
Let me know if I you have any additional questions or if I can be of further assistance.