The Georgetown South (GTS) Project will provide infrastructure improvements to meet existing GO Transit ridership demand and future growth. It will also accommodate the new Union Pearson Express (formerly known as the Air Rail Link) service between Union Station and Pearson International Airport. This project is one of the key elements of The Big Move.
Continuous Weekend Track Work May 23 to 25
What we are doing
• Beginning at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, May 23
and continuing until Sunday, May 25 at
5:00 p.m. we will be shifting tracks and
testing signals between Bloor GO station
and Dupont Street to complete the
expanded rail corridor for increased transit
service. There is a possibility work may
extend into Sunday night.
• This work can only be done outside of
regular train service.
How this will affect you
• Residents living nearby can expect some
noise associated with construction vehicles,
excavation and from the welding and
re-positioning of tracks.
• During the week leading up to the weekend,
we will be doing some preparatory work that
involves some minor cutting and removal of
rail and signal testing.
• Lights will be used during overnight hours; however, they will be focused away from nearby homes.
• The normal scheduled hours for this project are 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., including weekends, as needed.
If you have any concerns during the work, please do not hesitate to contact our 24-hour number at 416-601-3611