The City of Toronto’s annual Community Environment Day will be this Saturday, April 19th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at Sorauren Park, along Wabash Ave.
There will be free compost available and we encourage you to bring your used or unwanted household items to the event for reuse, recycling or safe disposal.
Please see the flyer below for more details.
Transportation Services’ Action Plan for the 2014 Interdivisional Spring Clean Up.
These activities have begun taking place in some parts of our ward and will continue throughout May:
1. Roadway sweepers are running routes on Arterials, Collectors and then Locals (Note: we have activated extra mechanical sweepers this Spring due to the heavy grit and twig debris left on the roads after the harsh winter)
2. Sidewalk sweepers are running prescribed routes, cleaning mostly along Arterial and Collector roads, including boulevard areas
3. Hand crews are out bagging and removing litter at various locations, including boulevards with significant winter debris and without property frontage
4. Crews and contracted staff in each district are performing Graffiti Removal on a daily basis
5. Debris/Illegal dumping is being identified and removed
6. Hand crews will be responding to requests from MLS for debris removal in the road allowance
7. Boulevard maintenance by-laws are being enforced (e.g., providing notices, etc.)
8. Flushers are running prescribed routes (not applicable to all districts)
9. Staff will be calling retail locations to pick up property if the owner is known (e.g., shopping carts on the boulevard)
10. Liaison with other Divisions, Councillor’s Offices, Media, and external contacts is occurring as part of the Coordinated Inter-Divisional clean up team