2013 Live Green Toronto Awards open for entries
Nominations open today for the City’s Live Green Toronto Awards.
With video entries and the chance to vote for your favourites online, the Live Green Toronto Awards make it easy for everyone to participate in the search for Toronto’s greenest youth, individual, group, small business and corporation.
Entrants submit a short video, up to 90 seconds in length, and tell their green story in 500 words or less.
The public will have two opportunities to vote for their favourites: votes cast in the first round will help the judges determine the finalists. Votes cast in the second round will determine the winners.
Winners will receive a Live Green Toronto Award, $2,500 courtesy of award sponsors and a chance to share their story on CP24, the exclusive television partner of Live Green Toronto.
Award categories open for entries
• Youth: 24 years and younger
• Individual: 25 years and older
• Group: team, community group, non-profit organization
• Small Business: for-profit business, up to 50 employees
• Corporation: for-profit business, more than 50 employees.
• January 21: Entries and online voting opens
• March 3: Entries and first-round voting closes
• March 15: Finalists announced by judges
• March 15: Voting: second-round opens
• April 19: Voting: second round closes
• April 22: Winners announced.
Entry deadline: 11:59 p.m. on March 3, 2013
To enter, vote and learn more, visit http://www.livegreentoronto.ca.
About Live Green Toronto
Live Green Toronto is a City of Toronto program that promotes and supports the greening of our city through programs, events, grants and a one-stop website with resources, tips and tools to help residents and businesses take action to reduce emissions, protect our climate and clean our air.
For more information, visit http://www.livegreentoronto.ca.