The new multi-bike parking ‘Hi-Roller’ pilot project has three sites in Ward 14!
The Hi Roller adds an extra bend to a rolling-style rack providing a much greater degree of bicycle support than its purely vertical counterpart. This rack uses thick pipe construction and allows for one of the wheels and frame to be secured using a u-style bike lock. These multi-bike parking racks increase bike parking capacity on the City Streets.
On Monday, November 19th, 2012, a pre-application community meeting was held regarding a proposed development for 422-430 Roncesvalles, 76 Howard Park. While we are still at the very preliminary stages of the process, I had asked developers to meet with the community prior to their mandated meeting to gain insight into the area and hear residents concerns. Please find the presentation from the developers and meeting minutes below.
Developer Presentation (due to the size of the file see the download link): https://www.dropbox.com/s/mg6d3bm4idilypu/121115%20Community%20MTG.PDF
To see the flyer for the event see: https://gordperks.ca/2012/11/07/422-430-roncesvalles-pre-application-community-consultation-meeting/
Reports and Position Statement November 2012
Toronto Public Health released three reports that discuss the public health implications of hosting a casino in Toronto.
- Summarizes research and policy recommendations related to the health impacts of gambling
- Presents findings from key informant interviews with other Canadian public health units, addiction research agencies and community service providers
- Outlines current research on the public health impacts of gambling
- Written with the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health’s Problem Gambling Institute of Ontario
- Highlights the impacts of problem gambling and gambling expansion.
- Provides policy recommendations to address the negative impacts on health related to gambling.
To get help with problem gambling visit the website for the Ontario Problem Gambling Helpline or call 1-888-230-2505.