In June 2007 Council approved a 70% waste diversion plan. An important component of this plan includes the delivery of new waste and recycling receptacles to all single family households across the City of Toronto. Beginning February 8, 2008 residents can order by phone, on-line or by mail their new Blue Bin. The Blue Bin order deadline is February 22, 2008. Residents who do not respond by the deadline will receive the large sized Blue Bin as a default. Blue Bin deliveries will begin in late March 2008 and will continue into May. The three different sized bins are currently on display in the lobby of City Hall. In addition, staff have arranged two information sessions in Ward 14 to address residents’ questions and concerns. The details of the information sessions are as follows:
Thursday February 14th at 6:30 – Indian Rd. PS – 285 Indian Rd. Cres
Tuesday February 19th at 6:30 – Masaryk Cowan Community Centre – 220 Cowan Ave.
Stand-alone Blue Bin displays are available for viewing from February 8 to February 22, 2008 in the main lobby at:
· Toronto City Hall
· North York Civic Centre
· York Civic Centre
· The City’s Toronto Environmental Volunteers (TEV) will host bin a display at the following locations, on the following dates: Centerpoint Mall:
Friday, February 1, 2008 – 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 2, 2008 – 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, February 3, 2008 – Noon to 6:00 p.m.
Dufferin Mall: Friday, February 8, 2008 – 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 9, 2008 – 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Sunday, February 10, 2008 – Noon to 5:00 p.m.
Downsview Market: Saturday, February 16, 2008 – 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, February 17, 2008 – 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
For more information please visit: http://www.toronto.ca/target70/ or contact my office.
Over the last couple of weeks my office has received a number of calls from residents regarding snow removal. Staff confirmed that major streets in Ward 14 have been ploughed; all other streets are schedule for snow removal as soon as possible. Crews have worked around the clock to ensure safe driving conditions were maintained, as well as ensured safe and passable conditions for pedestrian and bicycle traffic. Staff would like to remind residents that shoveling snow from your driveway/sidewalk onto the street is not permitted, as it obstructs right of way and may pose a safety hazard. When shoveling please pile snow is an area away from the road and public sidewalk. For information, please call 416-338-SNOW to find out:
- Snow clearing currently underway in your local area
- Up-to-date weather information
- Snow clearing services for seniors or the disabled
Or to speak with a customer service agent during business hours. Thank you for your patience and assistance in addressing snow removal in Ward 14, we are working to keep your streets clear and safe this winter season.
February 2008 at CafÃ© Taste
1) Valentines’ Day SPECIAL menu for two!
2) Febuary Wine Tasting – Wines of St. Valentine!
3) Free Film Listing
4) Feb 23rd CLOSED for special event.
5) Word is getting around…
1) As the “Most intimate date-spot in historical Parkdale”, cafe Taste is having a special Valentines’ Day menu for couples. The couple orders wine, then along comes a cheese tray for 2 – cheeses paired with the wine selected, a cruditÃ©s platter, chocolate fondue to share, a French Press of our organic coffee or loose-leaf teas and a glass each from our new dessert wine list! The cost? Only $50 per couple plus the price of wine selected – an ala carte value of $75.00! Reservations are required to take advantage of this special.
2) Our Wine Tasting for Febuary is featuring Wines of St. Valentine. Featuring Italian Umbrian wines following the life history of the Patron Saint of lovers. It will be Wednesday the 13th at 8:00 PM. The cost is $40.00. A $20.00 deposit is required to hold your spot – As our Wine Tastings may sell-out, I cannot guarantee you a seat unless you pre-register with deposit.
3) Our Sunday FREE movie night this month is back to our documentaries. Look for a 7:00 PM start time. Our line-up this month is: Feb 3rd “The Last Mogul” Feb 10th “Deliver us from Evil” Feb 17th “Road to Guantanamo” Feb 24th “Iraq in Fragments”
4) We will be closed Feb 23rd for a private function with local winemakers.
Friendly Spike Theater presents a Community Theater Night
Friday February 15th, 6:30-9:30pm
20 West Lodge – May Robinson Auditorium
For more information and to confirm attendance please call: 516-516-4740