To maintain a state of good repair, TTC track staff will be replacing the two curve track sections on Edna Avenue – the track section exiting the station onto Edna and the section exiting Edna onto Dundas. The work will take approximately one week and will require closing Edna Avenue to traffic between Dorval and Dundas. Please see further details highlighted below.
- The majority of the heavy construction work will be done during the day time between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- To ensure that streetcar service can resume regular service on Monday, October 3, the portion of work involving new rail installation will be conducted around-the-clock.
Traffic restrictions (12:01 a.m. on September 26 to 5 a.m. on October 3)
To establish a safe work zone, the following restrictions will be in place for the duration of the track project.
- Edna Avenue will be closed to vehicular traffic between Dundas Street West and the streetcar exit from the station.
- Edna Avenue will be closed at Dorval Road with local traffic access only.
- Access to the laneway at the north side of Edna Avenue near Dundas Street will be restricted. Please access this laneway from other access points (on Edna Avenue and on Chelsea Avenue).
- Dundas Street West will be reduced to one lane in each direction through the work zone at Edna Avenue.
Transit service changes (12:01 a.m. on September 26 to 5 a.m. on October 3)
To accommodate the rail replacement work, streetcars will be temporarily replaced by buses.
- 504/304 King streetcars will turn back eastbound at TTC’s Roncesvalles Yard at Queen/Roncesvalles.
- 505 Dundas streetcars will be extended to High Park Loop via Howard Park Avenue.
- 504/304 King shuttle buses will operate on Roncesvalles Avenue between the Dundas West Station and King/Queen area, looping via east on King Street, north on Jameson Avenue, west on Queen Street and returning north on Roncesvalles to the Dundas West Station.
- While TTC does not have plans to divert buses on local streets when leaving the Dundas West Station, there may be intermittent periods during the project that it may be unavoidable. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this instance.