With the number of people and dogs in Toronto growing, the use of dogs off-leash areas (OLAs) continues to increase. The Parks & Recreation Facilities Master Plan (2017) recommended the City develop criteria for improving existing dogs off-leash areas.
This survey is part of the City-Wide Study of Existing Dogs Off-Leash Areas. The goals of the study overall are to:
- Improve existing off-leash areas through better design, maintenance, and operation
- Encourage healthy relationships between dog owners and non-dog owners
- Elevate off-leash areas as spaces that provide a healthy, safe, accessible, and sustainable environment
- Develop guidelines to ensure consistent maintenance and operation across Toronto
- Develop design recommendations that can be applied to all existing off-leash areas
- Improve community involvement and develop future ongoing partnerships
The survey is available here and it will be available until February 18, 2020.