As part of TTC’s modernization efforts, PRESTO electronic fare payment systems are being installed in stations across the network. Here are details pertaining to the upcoming transformation Keele Station:
- PRESTO is coming to Keele Station’s automatic entrance.
- Construction will begin on November 18 and is scheduled to be completed by the middle of January.
- The auto entrance will be closed from 10 p.m. November 18 until 6 a.m. November 20. During this time customers will need to access the station via the Keele Street entrance.
- When the entrance re-opens on November 20 customers will enter the station beside the hoarding.
- During construction customers will be able to access the station using tokens, tickets, TTC passes, or cash at the main entrance.
- After construction customers will be able to access the new fare gates at the automatic entrance with a TTC pass or PRESTO card only.
- Anyone paying by tokens, tickets, or cash must enter through the Keele Street entrance.
- Signs will be posted within the station and messages will be shared externally via social media and Platform Video Screens.
Construction updates on Presto installation across the network are available on the TTC site at the following link: http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Construction/PRESTO_construction.jsp