Following Executive Committee’s approval of the Parkland Strategy’s Phase 1 Report on November 28, 2017, work has been underway on Phase 2 of the Parkland Strategy. This 20-year plan will guide decision-making and prioritization of investment of Toronto’s parks, including the acquisition of new parks, improvements and connections to existing parks.
Public engagement on Phase 2 of the Parkland Strategy is kicking off with a series of self-guided Civic Centre displays highlighting the findings and analysis from the Phase 1. This will include details on how parkland provision has been calculated using the latest mapping tools and maps of parkland provision for current and future populations across the city. The displays will be available as follows:
- City Hall – February 6 to 9, 2018
- Metro Hall – February 12 to 18, 2018
- Scarborough Civic Centre – February 19 to 23, 2018
- Etobicoke Civic Centre – February 26 to March 2, 2018
- North York Civic Centre – March 5 to 9, 2018
- City Hall – April 3 to 6, 2018
More information about the Parkland Strategy can be found on the project website at: toronto.ca/parklandstrategy and the Parkland Strategy Preliminary Report can be found here and the Parkland Strategy Primer can be found here.