At the end of March, 2017 City Council approved the new Community Investment Funding (CIF) framework. The new framework merges the previous five grant streams into three new grant programs that will better support new and emerging groups, support sector resilience, and encourage resident engagement and leadership development. Applications for Community Projects and Events Grants is now open with $1 M in grant funding will be allocated.
More information can be found online here.
Deadline and Application Form
The deadline for submitting a completed online Letter of Intent is Monday, June 19 at midnight (11:59 PM).
Click here for the online Letter of Intent (LOI) Application Form.
Community Events Grant Goals
Community Events Grants help organizations create a neighbourhood event or activity that brings different groups of people together to –
- Make their neighbourhood better
- Keep people active, or
- Help residents learn skills and build leadership.
One-time funding is available from $5,000 – $10,000 for activities beginning in November, 2017 and ending in October, 2018. Groups with less than $500,000 in annual operating budgets will be prioritized for funding. Open to neighbourhoods across the city
Community Projects Grant Goals
Community Project grants will help community organizations develop a product, tool or resource to respond to a community need so that they can –
- Increase their organization’s impact by doing things better
- Increase community impact by working with others
- Diversify who they serve and strengthen access and equity.
One-time funding is available for projects beginning in November, 2017. Applicants are to request the amount and time needed to complete the project. Please feel free to forward to your community networks.
Information Sessions and Drop-In Clinics starting May 25th!
- Details on Information Sessions and Drop-In Clinics (targeted to small organizations) will begin starting May 25th.
- The Community Projects & Events web page lists the dates/locations.