Saturday, April 22 | 10am-2pm
Sorauren Park | Along Wabash Ave. | south of Dundas St. W
Come out to Sorauren Park along Wabash Ave south of Dundas St W and join in to Reuse, Recycle, and Safely Dispose!
Bring used or unwanted electronics, household hazardous waste, fluorescent bulbs, unused medications, batteries, propane tanks, and oils to be safely removed.
Please do not bring: construction waste, gasoline, garbage, wood, cassette and video tapes, commercial/industrial hazardous waste and scrap metal.
Green Bin exchanges will not be available at Community Environment Days events due to the coming new style of Green Bin.
Donate to schools for reuse:
• Yarn, knitting needles, sewing notions, buttons and keys
• Children’s books, musical instruments
• CD’s, CD cases, 35 mm cameras
• Costume jewellery including broken, old watches
• Arts and crafts supplies (pencils, crayons, markers, etc.)
• Corks, cork boards, clipboards
• Dress up clothing (costumes, prom dresses, uniforms, etc.)
Donate for reuse:
• Sporting goods (skates, hockey equipment, bikes, rackets, etc.)
• Books (excluding school/university curriculum books)
• Eyeglasses, walking aids, hearing aids, etc.
• Small household items (dishes, ornaments, kitchen utensils, artistic drawings, games, etc.)
• Textiles in good condition (clothing, linens, etc.)
• Non-perishable foods will be donated to a food bank
All donated items must be in very good condition.
Leaf compost* (limited to one cubic metre per household) is available for pickup as well. While supplies last.Environment Day 2017