Toronto City Council has approved the Planning Study of Roncesvalles Avenue between Queen St. West and Boustead Avenue, and Dundas St West between Boustead Avenue and Sorauren Avenue
This Staff report summarizes the study, initiated in 2015 which reviewed the built form and physical character of the area and recommends approval of Urban Design Guidelines for the Study Area.
The Guidelines seek to:
– Guide and manage moderate, incremental development;
– Respect and reinforce the existing mixed-use character of the Study Area;
– Encourage a sense of place, by promoting well-designed built form and by conserving features and cultural heritage resources that help define local character;
– Achieve appropriate transition between new development and adjacent Neighbourhoods and Parks and Open Spaces; and,
– Promote a vibrant, animated and safe public realm.
The complete report is available online at https://bit.ly/2tHej1e .
Thank you to the many community residents who took part in this Planning Study by participating in community meetings, surveys, walking tours and Planners in Public spaces events. Your commitment to the community is appreciated and helped to shape a Planning Report that celebrates our main streets.