Congratulations to three amazing South Parkdale community groups – H.O.P.E. Community Garden, Parkdale Community Peer Musicians Collective & Parkdale Cares. They have each received $1,000 through Neighbourhood Grants, as part of the City’s Toronto Strong Neighbourhoods Strategy 2020 (TSNS 2020).
What is the City’s Neighbourhood Grants program?
Funding for resident-led activities that support the 5 theme areas of the Toronto Strong Neighbourhoods Strategy 2020 (TSNS 2020):
- Economic Opportunities: For example, jobs skills workshop, certification workshop, employment forum and more
- Healthy Lives: For example, nutrition workshop, wellness day, gardening event and more
- Participation in Decision Making: For Example, community speak out event, leadership training, civic action forum and more
- Social Development: For example, Educational workshop/forum, back to school event, neighbourhood festival and more
- Physical Surroundings: For example, community beautification event, neighbourhood walking tour, community art event and more
The Neighbourhood Micro Grants program aims to support the delivery of local actions identified by residents and community partners involved in TSNS 2020.
Up to three (3) groups from each of the 39 neighbourhoods can be funded for events that advance TSNS 2020.
Further information about Neighbourhood Grants is available at https://www.toronto.ca/services-payments/grants-incentives-rebates/investment-funding-programs/neighbourhood-micro-grants/