The federal government appointed an independent task force earlier this year to identify options for the future of Canada Post. It said that everything but postal privatization would be on the table. This fall, a parliamentary committee will be consulting with Canadians on postal service and the options identified by the task force. It will make recommendations to the government by year’s end.
Let the committee know what your key issues are:
• Getting your home mail delivery back?
• Keeping your public post office?
• Greening the post office?
• Creating services that support seniors and people with disabilities?
• Bringing back our postal bank for more inclusive, accessible financial services for everyone?
Have your say on the future of Canada Post by:
1) Filling out an online survey from September 26 to October 21, 2016 at:
Paper surveys are available upon request.
2) Attending one of the public consultations being held across the country. For more information, go to: http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?Language=e&Mode=1&Parl=42&Ses=1&DocId=8391013
You can get updates and more information at CUPW.ca/canadapostreview