Councillor Perks’ Office has been advised that the developer of 35 Wabash Avenue has appealed the rezoning application to the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB).
The Zoning Amendment application for 35 Wabash Avenue was heard at Toronto and East York Community Council (TEYCC) last Tuesday, June 14th, 2016. Many of your neighbours were present, some shared their concerns with the application.
The application proposes a 4-storey apartment building containing 60 residential units. There are 68 vehicle parking spaces proposed in one underground level.
The staff report : http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2016.TE17.5
recommended that the application be approved, however, it recommended that the ‘bills’, the final legal approval, be held until certain requirements were met- listed in Item #3.
- Revise and re-submit the Functional Servicing Report to the satisfaction of the Executive Director, Engineering & Construction Services for review and acceptance. The report will determine whether the municipal water, sanitary and storm sewer systems can support the proposed development and whether upgrades or improvements to the existing municipal infrastructure are required.
- Enter into a financially secured development agreement for the construction of any improvements to the municipal infrastructure, should it be determined that upgrades are required to support this development, according to the functional servicing report accepted by the Executive Director, Engineering & Construction Services.
Councillor Perks amended the staff recommendations to include that the site plan requirements, Item #4 must also be approved prior to the issuance of the bills.
- Removal of the windows on the east wall where the building abuts the property line.
- Limiting window openings on the east and west elevations to approximately 40% of the wall area with the remainder to be clad to the satisfaction of the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning.
iii. Reducing the proportion of window to wall on the south side of the property to address a typical side-yard to rear-yard relationship, including limiting principal windows and the proportion of windows to wall, to be in the range of 25%.
- Submission of detailed plans showing the necessary soil volumes provided to ensure healthy tree growth.
- Appropriate depth of the rooftop planters at the edge of the roof.
- The submission of a construction management plan which will also be to the satisfaction of the Ward Councillor.
The Community Council meeting is available on YouTube at the 39 minute mark at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5El9W4tnKVU .
Since the TEYCC meeting however, Councillor Perks’ Office has been advised that the developer of 35 Wabash Avenue has appealed the rezoning application to the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB).
The type of appeal is listed as: Application for an amendment to the Zoning By-law – failed to make a decision on the application within 120 days.
The applicant will be requesting the OMB to approve their rezoning application. The earliest this application is likely to be heard by the OMB is early 2017.
At this time City Planning staff will begin preparing a Request for Directions which they will submit to Toronto and East York Community Council in the fall, the Report will seek approval from Council to participate at the OMB hearing.
Our office will provide further information as it becomes available.