The Runnymede Healthcare Centre is hosting a free tax clinic. Volunteers registered with the Canada Revenue Agency will be helping patients and community members prepare personal tax returns, at no charge on Saturday March 7, 14, and 21 from 11 am – 1 pm. To book at an appointment or for more information call, 416-762-7316 ext. 2103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by February 25, 2020.runnymede tax clinic poster
Metrolinx will be working on the bridge at Parkside Drive and lane closures will be in effect. Lanes will be closed directly under the Parkside Drive rail bridge.
• February 15-16, 2020, the NORTHBOUND lanes on Parkside Drive will be closed. Only southbound traffic will be allowed to pass.
• February 22-23, 2020, the NORTHBOUND lanes on Parkside Drive will be closed. Only southbound traffic will be allowed to pass.
• Work may extend to the weekend of February 29 – March 1, 2020, if required.
If you have any questions, or would like to be included on future communications, please do not hesitate to contact us at 416-202-6500 or TorontoWest@Metrolinx.com.Parkside lane closure_Feb2020_FINAL
With the number of people and dogs in Toronto growing, the use of dogs off-leash areas (OLAs) continues to increase. The Parks & Recreation Facilities Master Plan (2017) recommended the City develop criteria for improving existing dogs off-leash areas.
This survey is part of the City-Wide Study of Existing Dogs Off-Leash Areas. The goals of the study overall are to:
- Improve existing off-leash areas through better design, maintenance, and operation
- Encourage healthy relationships between dog owners and non-dog owners
- Elevate off-leash areas as spaces that provide a healthy, safe, accessible, and sustainable environment
- Develop guidelines to ensure consistent maintenance and operation across Toronto
- Develop design recommendations that can be applied to all existing off-leash areas
- Improve community involvement and develop future ongoing partnerships
The survey is available here and it will be available until February 18, 2020.