Momo Crawl TO is back to Little Tibet, Parkdale and it’s bigger and better than ever!
This July 29th in Little Tibet (Parkdale), Students for a Free Tibet Canada is pleased to host you Toronto foodies on a steamy savoury crawl for the top momos.
More info on the event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/177398006299698/
Purchase a passport here: www.SFTCanada.org/momocrawlto
Every year, temporary traffic and parking amendments are required to improve traffic operations and pedestrian safety during the annual Canadian National Exhibition (CNE), which takes place from August 17 to September 3, 2018. These temporary changes are introduced at Toronto and East York Community Council (TEYCC). This year, TEYCC is scheduled for Wednesday, July 4th.
The changes are recommended by Transportation Staff as part of the temporary traffic and parking amendments during CNE 2018.
The complete list of yearly changes is available online at:
Temporary parking on residential front yards and boulevards in South Parkdale during the CNE remains prohibited.
Permit Parking Staff will again restrict the issuance of Visitor Parking Permits to the residential addresses located in the area bounded by Dufferin St, King St W, Jameson Ave and the lake for the entirety of the 2018 CNE. During this period, temporary parking permits will be issued- with proof of residency and guest’s licence plate number- at the City Hall counter, 100 Queen Street West. Online applications will not be permitted.
Further, the following actions will take place again this year:
• CNE to communicate in the ‘CNE Guide Book’ and in media releases that “Paid Parking on residential properties in South Parkdale is no longer permitted during The Ex”- with information on parking lots and bike rack locations;
• City Transportation to sign the boundary of the South Parkdale area (Dufferin/King, Jameson/King intersection) to communicate message to deter drivers from entering the area to look for paid parking on these residential streets;
• City Transportation to post signs on Liberty at Dufferin, as well as at the entrance of Springhurst (at Dufferin) and Temple (at Dufferin) advising that only permit parking holders can park on residential streets in south Parkdale during the CNE;
• Toronto Police, Parking Enforcement and City Bylaw enforcement staff will be asked to monitor South Parkdale for infractions during the CNE;
• Toronto Police and Parking Enforcement will be asked to, when appropriate, use foot and bike patrols in South Parkdale during the CNE to lessen the number of vehicles in the area;
• Toronto Police will be reminded of ongoing safety concern during the CNE when the one way at Springhurst from Dufferin to Tyndall, is not respected;
• CNE working with Traffic Management Centre to monitor traffic and manage traffic flows and monitor lights.
Please feel free to contact my office at any time if you have any questions or comments about this or any Ward 14 or city-related matter.
You are invited to come and learn more about the upcoming plans for the new community centre and to:
– review the project background and potential programming;
– review timelines;
– review next stepsFLYER_WabashCC_rev2
In the past few years, older adults have made up over 80% of all pedestrian fatalities in the City. Over the coming months, the surrounding areas designated as Senior Safety Zones will be retrofitted with new safety signs, enhanced pavement markings, and extended pedestrian walk times at traffic signals. The list of locations was determined through data analysis giving priority to locations where seniors live, where the fatal and serious injury collisions involving seniors have occurred and with consideration to the road classification.
Each ward within the City will be receiving at least one Senior Safety Zone. In Ward 14, Bonar-Parkdale Senior Citizen Non-Profit Housing Corp. (240 Dunn Ave) has been selected.
Please see the below for more information on the 2018 Senior Safety Zones program of the Vision Zero Road Safety Plan:RBROWNE_VisionZero_TorontoRoadSafetyPlan_Seniors_v6_June1_2018
Read the Toronto Star article here: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/06/18/rooming-house-pilot-aims-to-give-parkdale-tenants-fighting-chance.html
Listen to The Exchange with Matt Gurney on Global News Radio 640 Toronto here: https://omny.fm/shows/the-exchange-with-matt-gurney/toronto-councillor-pushes-for-parkdale-rooming-hou
Solid Waste Management, in consultation with Parks, Forestry and Recreation and ML&S, have placed Green Bins in 20 City parks with off-leash areas. The pilot began in May and will be running until the fall. Once the pilot concludes, City staff will look into extending to all parks with off-leash areas. The full list of parks that have Green Bins are posted on toronto.ca/petsinthecity.
With summer almost here and warmer weather on the way, the City of Toronto is reminding residents that they can track their water use online with MyWaterToronto, the City of Toronto’s online water use tool. Use the tool to track your water use by day, week, month or year, to better understand your water use habits and look for ways to save. The tool can also be used to identify prolonged and unexplained water use increases, which can mean you have a leak. You will need your utility bill to sign on to the tool. To learn more and get started, visit www.toronto.ca/mywatertoronto
An update on the work underway, including environmental studies, for the new SmartTrack/GO stations. Anyone can participate in the online town halls by visiting smarttrack.to/townhall or calling 800-457-6180. During the online town halls, participants will have the opportunity to ask the Project Team questions live via an online interface or their phone. For those unable to attend, recordings and transcripts of the online town halls will be made available on the project websites.
The live, online town halls will be held as follows:
|Monday, June 18, 2018
7pm – 8pm
Finch-Kennedy and Lawrence Kennedy SmartTrack Stations
|Wednesday, June 20, 2018
7pm – 8pm
Gerrard-Carlaw and East Harbour SmartTrack Stations and Spadina-Front GO Station
|Thursday, June 21, 2018
7pm – 8pm
St. Clair-Old Weston and King-Liberty SmartTrack Stations and Bloor-Lansdowne GO Station
180611 - ad Smart Track Public Consult. ad_
Connect and get involved with organizations and neighbours to reduce waste in Parkdale!
Date: Tue Jun 19, 2018
Event time: 6:00pm – 8:00pm.
Auditorium @ Parkdale Library,
1303 Queen St W @ Cowan Ave, M6K 1L6.
*For people who live or work in Parkdale*