Raw Materials is thrilled to announce the second instalment of ‘SHHHHH’, an annual event consisting of diverse musical programming at the Parkdale Public Library. The performances will be spread over two days, all free and accessible to the general public. May 5th’s sets will take place on the main floor of the library 7pm-8pm, while May 6th’s will happen in the basement auditorium 1pm-5pm / accessible by stairs or elevator.
Find more details, such as a list of performers, here: http://www.blogto.com/events/shhhh-vol-2/
Just a friendly reminder of this upcoming event:
Saturday, April 22 | 10am-2pm
Sorauren Park | Along Wabash Ave. | south of Dundas St. W
Come out to Sorauren Park along Wabash Ave south of Dundas St W and join in to Reuse, Recycle, and Safely Dispose!
Bring used or unwanted electronics, household hazardous waste, fluorescent bulbs, unused medications, batteries, propane tanks, and oils to be safely removed.
Please do not bring: construction waste, gasoline, garbage, wood, cassette and video tapes, commercial/industrial hazardous waste and scrap metal.
Green Bin exchanges will not be available at Community Environment Days events due to the coming new style of Green Bin.
Donate to schools for reuse:
• Yarn, knitting needles, sewing notions, buttons and keys
• Children’s books, musical instruments
• CD’s, CD cases, 35 mm cameras
• Costume jewellery including broken, old watches
• Arts and crafts supplies (pencils, crayons, markers, etc.)
• Corks, cork boards, clipboards
• Dress up clothing (costumes, prom dresses, uniforms, etc.)
Donate for reuse:
• Sporting goods (skates, hockey equipment, bikes, rackets, etc.)
• Books (excluding school/university curriculum books)
• Eyeglasses, walking aids, hearing aids, etc.
• Small household items (dishes, ornaments, kitchen utensils, artistic drawings, games, etc.)
• Textiles in good condition (clothing, linens, etc.)
• Non-perishable foods will be donated to a food bank
All donated items must be in very good condition.
Leaf compost* (limited to one cubic metre per household) is available for pickup as well. While supplies last.Environment Day 2017
Please share with your neighbours
City Planning is holding a Public Consultation to review the 6 Noble Street Development Application.
This application proposes a 14-storey mixed-use building comprised of commercial space located on portions of the first and second floors, 174 residential units, and two levels of underground parking.
You will have an opportunity to learn more about this application, ask questions, and share your comments.
Date: May 4, 2017
Time: 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Place: Parkdale Library Auditorium
The Preliminary Report will be available April 25th on-line through the 2017 Toronto and East York Community Council (TEYCC) Meeting agenda at http://bit.ly/2oDilH4. The Report will also be available at the meeting.
Get broken household items fixed for free and learn while doing it! There will be fixers for computers and other electronics, small appliances, furniture, clothes, jewellery, book and paper repair, bikes, and more! With a special appearance by Bike Pirates!
Saturday, April 22, 2017
12:00 to 4:00 pm (Registration closes at 3pm)
Parkdale Public Library
1303 Queen St West