Sunday, April 9, 2017, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
Grenadier Restaurant, Colbourne Lodge Drive and Centre Road, Toronto, ON
The High Park Stewards plan to clean up the Boulevard Beds and the Nursery, cutting down winter’s growth, and raking to uncover the plants that have survived the winter.
The Boulevard Beds are getting an exciting makeover this year. The group will work in front of the Grenadier Restaurant parking lot, uncovering the existing plants, removing old stalks, and transplanting new native plants from the Nursery if weather allows.
Meet in front of the Grenadier Restaurant at 10:30 am, and go together to the site. All tools will be provided, but dress in layers and be prepared for muddy ground as the temperature is unpredictable.
Saturday, April 22 | 10am-2pm
Sorauren Park | Along Wabash Ave. | south of Dundas St. W
Come out to Sorauren Park along Wabash Ave south of Dundas St W and join in to Reuse, Recycle, and Safely Dispose!
Bring used or unwanted electronics, household hazardous waste, fluorescent bulbs, unused medications, batteries, propane tanks, and oils to be safely removed.
Please do not bring: construction waste, gasoline, garbage, wood, cassette and video tapes, commercial/industrial hazardous waste and scrap metal.
Green Bin exchanges will not be available at Community Environment Days events due to the coming new style of Green Bin.
Donate to schools for reuse:
• Yarn, knitting needles, sewing notions, buttons and keys
• Children’s books, musical instruments
• CD’s, CD cases, 35 mm cameras
• Costume jewellery including broken, old watches
• Arts and crafts supplies (pencils, crayons, markers, etc.)
• Corks, cork boards, clipboards
• Dress up clothing (costumes, prom dresses, uniforms, etc.)
Donate for reuse:
• Sporting goods (skates, hockey equipment, bikes, rackets, etc.)
• Books (excluding school/university curriculum books)
• Eyeglasses, walking aids, hearing aids, etc.
• Small household items (dishes, ornaments, kitchen utensils, artistic drawings, games, etc.)
• Textiles in good condition (clothing, linens, etc.)
• Non-perishable foods will be donated to a food bank
All donated items must be in very good condition.
Leaf compost* (limited to one cubic metre per household) is available for pickup as well. While supplies last.Environment Day 2017
Do you use the West Toronto Railpath? Do you like public art? Would you like to see street art along the West Toronto Railpath?
Come learn about the ‘Create Your Path’ project and participate in a visioning session to collectively develop themes for the new artwork that will be displayed in the neighbourhood! This event includes an optional walking tour.
Date: April 8th, 2017
- 2:30 – 3:00 PM – Walk the Path (brief walking tour) Optional *Meet on the West Toronto Railpath in front of the Brewery*
- 3:00 – 5:00 PM – Community Visioning
Location: Henderson Brewing Co, 128A Sterling Rd, Toronto, ON M6P 0A1
More information is on this website:
If you can’t make it, please respond to this survey: https://crazydames.typeform.com/to/D7KvfqWTR-April8 Street Art