As part of TTC’s modernization efforts, PRESTO electronic fare payment systems are being installed in stations across the network. Here are details pertaining to the upcoming transformation Keele Station:
- PRESTO is coming to Keele Station’s automatic entrance.
- Construction will begin on November 18 and is scheduled to be completed by the middle of January.
- The auto entrance will be closed from 10 p.m. November 18 until 6 a.m. November 20. During this time customers will need to access the station via the Keele Street entrance.
- When the entrance re-opens on November 20 customers will enter the station beside the hoarding.
- During construction customers will be able to access the station using tokens, tickets, TTC passes, or cash at the main entrance.
- After construction customers will be able to access the new fare gates at the automatic entrance with a TTC pass or PRESTO card only.
- Anyone paying by tokens, tickets, or cash must enter through the Keele Street entrance.
- Signs will be posted within the station and messages will be shared externally via social media and Platform Video Screens.
Construction updates on Presto installation across the network are available on the TTC site at the following link: http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Construction/PRESTO_construction.jsp
This Open Dialogue will feature discussion with City of Toronto divisions and community partners regarding human trafficking. Explore the complexities of this issue, including barriers to exiting, legal challenges, as well as collaborative solutions to help support survivors of human trafficking.
WHEN: Friday November 18, 2016 (9:00-12:30)
WHERE: North York Civic Centre, Council Chambers (5100 Yonge Street, Lower Level)
REGISTER HERE: https://humantraffickingnovember2016.eventbrite.ca
9:00 Welcome – Scott McKean, Manager, Community Safety & Wellbeing Unit
9:05 The City of Toronto and Human Trafficking – Fenicia Lewis-Dowlin, Policy Development Officer
9:15 Covenant House – Julie Neubauer, Manager of Human Trafficking Services, Covenant House
9:45 Toronto Police Service – Detective Rob Heitzner, Human Trafficking Enforcement Team
10:15 Municipal Licensing & Standards – Olga Kustelska, Supervisor, Bylaw Enforcement
11:00 Human Trafficking Support Services:
. East Metro Youth Services – Karly Kalish & Erin Physick
. Boost – Karyn Kennedy & Julie Moore
. FCJ Refugee Centre – Varka Kalaydzhieva
11:30 Panel Discussion
12:20 Wrap up and Next Steps
Please contact Lavinia Corriero Yong-Ping at (416)-397-9970 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, comments or ideas about future topics and facilitators.
In efforts to accommodate participants with environmental sensitivities, this is a scent-free event.