The TTC has released a pilot project introducing bicycle repair facilities at 10 subway stations. Customers can complete minor repairs while commuting in Toronto. The purpose is to encourage cycling as part of the daily commute. The supplies that will be included are wrenches, Allen keys, screw drivers, a bike pump and wheel chock.
The first 10 repair stops are located at:
The TTC and the City have been working collaboratively on initiatives to make cycling and commuting easier.
- All TTC buses have bike racks for one or two bikes as standard equipment.
- New accessible streetcars include two interior spaces for bikes.
- New easier access fare gates make it easier to enter and exit subway stations.
- Increased bike parking at or near subway stations.
- Bike lockers at or near seven subway stations.
- Retrofitted staircases at Pape and Dufferin Stations with customized bike channels.
The TTC bicycle repair stops will be a pilot project for one year where usage will be monitored.
Click here for the full news release: TTC Bike Repair Pilot Project09-29-2015-NR