Metrolinx-GO transit are installing a girder at the Lansdowne Avenue bridge. Beginning on Saturday, May 2 at 6 a.m. until Monday, May 4 at 6 a.m., Lansdowne Ave. will be closed to vehicle traffic between Seaforth Ave. and Shirley St. to allow for equipment delivery, utility relocation and installation of the bridge girder.
How this will affect you:
• Beginning on Saturday, May 2, at 6 a.m. until Monday, May 4, at 6 a.m. Lansdowne Ave. will be closed to vehicle traffic between Seaforth Ave. and Shirley St. to allow for equipment delivery, utility relocation and installation of the bridge girder.
• The west sidewalk may be closed for crane set up. The east sidewalk will remain open; however, pedestrians may experience short delays when the bridge girder is lifted into place.
• Paid Duty Officers will be in place to help direct traffic for the
duration of the closure.
• Detour signs will be posted in advance of the work.
• Access to the No Frills store on Lansdowne Ave. will remain open at all times.
• The TTC bus route 47 will detour around the work area. Please visit ttc.ca for more information on the detour route.
• During the week of May 4 to May 8 there will be partial closures on Lansdowne Ave. to allow for minor follow-up work on the bridge.
Please call the Strachan Community Office for more information at 416-581-1300